Saturday, January 21, 2012

How To Make The Best Pasta Salad

Pin It


I admit I don't eat enough pasta salad but then I come back to my senses and realize how shameful I've been. Shameful because I realize how much I've been missing out on. That is especially true if the pasta salad is super good and delicious.

Take for example this pasta salad my wife whipped up tonight.  Ok, this is why I feel the need to post this immediately because in my opinion pasta salad doesn't get much better than this and I need to share the recipe with you.

Ingredients: 


  • 1 bag of Wacky Mac Veggie Spiral Pasta (in my opinion this brand of garden style pasta is the best!) 
  • 1/4 cup of Italian dressing (I prefer Full Circle Organic Tuscan Italian Dressing found at Market Street stores)
  • 1/4 cup of Mild Cheddar Cheese sliced into small cubes
  • Pepperoni (as much as your heart desires)
  • 1/8 cup of Parmesan Cheese 
  • Suggested add ins: purple onion sliced and black olives sliced
It's very important to remember, that after you mix your ingredients together for the pasta salad, to chill it in the refrigerator for a little bit. Pasta salad is a dish best served cold. 

A funny story and lesson learned, I was working out and my wife asked if I wanted veggies in my pasta salad. I quickly said no because I was so into my workout and didn't bother to ask what kind. She ended up preparing some purple onions to put in hers. Needless to say, at dinner I was reaching over and picking them out of her pasta salad.

Lesson learned because you don't want to do without those because it would be like having a salad at Olive Garden where they didn't add any. It just wouldn't be as good because it enhances the taste 10 fold. She should of been more clear though and asked if I wanted purple onions because I would of said yes on the spot. Any how, that's why they aren't in the picture but it's highly recommended just like this recipe. Oh yeah, one more thing, we didn't have any black olives and I wasn't going to the store for one thing but I've had pasta salad with them in it and it's just as highly recommended! 

2 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! I just love pasta salad recipes, reminds me of summertime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, thanks! You know, it kind of does sound summertime.. like something you'd have on a picnic. Love the summer!
    Best Regards,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete