Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Mini Foodie Snacks: Making Homemade Bean Dip That Tastes As Good As Canned


This might not seem like it's a huge foodie secret but I've been around awhile now and didn't discover this until this weekend. That makes it a big deal to me and maybe it will be for you. Ok, do you know those cans of bean dip in the store that cost around 2.50 for a tiny portion of bean dip? There's probably what, half a cup of dip in those tiny cans good enough for about 10 dips of the chips? Don't get me wrong, I love that bean dip, it tastes so darn good and it's kind of addicting. That's why I'm writing this post in the first place.

I've always wondered if I could imitate that same addicting taste at home doing my own dip that would be very similar. I'd save a lot of money and have more than enough bean dip to last the whole football game day without going broke buying several cans of dip. That's probably a little exaggeration but hey I like to save money. Here it is,  I cracked the foodie bean dip code and it was way more simple than I ever thought it would be and now I pass it along to you.

Ingredients:
1 can of refried beans
1 can of Ro*tel Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies 
1/4 cup of water

Simply, put 1 can of re fried beans of your choice into a pot and pour in 1 can of Ro*tel with 1/2 cup of water. Heat on the stove until warm and there you have it. That's a whole lot bigger portion of bean dip for almost the same price and way better if you buy refried beans and Ro*tel in bulk at Costco or Sams.

I know this is super obvious and yes, you can do different variations by adding cheese, sour cream, or ranch but if sometimes you don't want all the extras this a great way to imitate those tiny tiny cans of bean dip and save you $$$.

4 comments:

  1. My husband would eat that dip for dinner!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could eat GALLONS of this dip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOO, I agree with Kim!! This is something I would eat for an entire meal at dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I agree with all of you, wait.. I pretty much did that over the weekend. LOL. Thanks the nice comments and the feedback you guys.
    Matt

    ReplyDelete